Doc & Brutie’s closes
A Basehor restaurant has closed its doors.
Denny "Doc" Hougham and George "Brutie" Mills, owners of Doc and Bruties Pizza and Bar-B-Que, have closed their restaurant in Basehor, located in the city's downtown district at 2806 N. 155th Street.
Mills said the duo is closing its De Soto location as well. The decision was made Saturday to close the restaurants because of unsteady business, he said.
Doc and Brutie's restaurant was located at 155th Street and U.S. Highway 24/40 for eight years before moving downtown.
A fire in December 2002 displaced the restaurant temporarily. After it re-opened at the town square, it shut down briefly before moving into a newly renovated building downtown.
Doc and Bruties opened at their new, larger space in May of 2003. Mills said he and Hougham weren't closing in Basehor to start ventures elsewhere. The restaurant just didn't work out financially for the two restaurateurs, he said.
More like this story
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career