Linwood librarians attend meeting at Topeka
Hannelore Leach and Shannon Raines of Linwood Community Library attended the Summer Reading Workshop presented by the Northeast Kansas Library System on Feb. 24 at the Topeka Shawnee County Public Library.
Several programs helped librarians prepare for summer.
Jim "Two Crows" Wallen and his wife, Deborah, of Kansas City, presented the morning session on utilizing the manual and this year's theme in local libraries. Wallen, a well-known oral historian and storyteller, portrayed members of the Lewis & Clark Expedition.
The Kansas State Library and the Northeast Kansas Library System provide many of the materials used by local libraries for the annual summer reading program. Each year nearly 82,000 Kansas children participate in a local library summer reading program. For more information contact your local public library, or the Kansas State Library at 1-800-432-3919, http://skyways.lib.ks.us/KSL/.
More like this story
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol