Basehor group to unveil mystery gift
Members of the Basehor Historical Society have invited the community to witness a step in the journey towards completing a museum and conference center in Basehor.
Members of the historical society recently learned that the society is set to receive a "substantial" donation from a former community education group, said Carla Crawford, an administrative assistant with the historical group. The public is invited to find out the amount of the donation with the historical society at a ceremony that will be held at 7 p.m. June 4 at the Basehor VFW post.
"We are excited to see just how much it will be," she said.
Crawford also said that anyone wishing to contribute to the society's efforts may also purchase a brick for $50 that will be placed in the walkway leading up to the center and commemorate the name or family of the donor. Anyone wishing to purchase a brick or make a donation should contact Lela Wiley at 724-2597.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests