It’s a jungle out there
Lansing Second-graders transformed the gymnasium at Lansing Elementary School into a jungle on Thursday Nov. 4.
For the past 10 weeks, Lansing music teachers Ryan Rothmeyer and Chris Goodlin prepared students to perform their musical, "It's a Jungle Out There."
Rothmeyer said he expected visitors to see and hear a "bunch of wild animals" singing a variety of styles of music.
School musicals such as "It's a Jungle Out There" allow kids who have different abilities to have the opportunity to show them off.
It also helps students achieve a sense of accomplishment, he said.
"It shows them that as second-graders they can do stuff they thought they couldn't," Rothmeyer said. "Everyone can excel in some area of music."
More like this story
- Kansas joins partnership to market region to film industry
- USD 458 employee becomes 2015 district graduate
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map