Megan Lynn Carlson, daughter of Mark and Janae (Brown) Carlson, Lansing, died Friday, Oct. 29, 2004, at Children's Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Mo. She was 7.
Megan was born Oct. 5, 1997, at Providence Hospital, Kansas City, Kan., and was a first-grader at Lansing Elementary School.
She was a cheerleader.
She took dance at Katie's Acrobatics and enjoyed the "big rides" at Worlds of Fun this summer.
She was a member of St. Frances de Sales Catholic Church and the youth group.
Megan is survived by her parents; a brother, Ryan David, 9 and a sister, Jill Marie, all of the home; grandparents, Linda and Richard Gilliland, Leavenworth, and David and Marilyn Carlson, Seneca; and many uncles, aunts and cousins.
Burial was in Mount Muncie Cemetery.
The family suggests memorials to Children's Mercy Hospital or the church, sent in care of the Barnett-Larkin-Brown Funeral Home, 707 S. Sixth St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station