Strip mall plans move forward
Lansing A businessman's plans for a strip mall on North Main Street in Lansing continue to progress through the city's regulatory chain.
The Lansing Planning Commission on Wednesday night approved a preliminary development plan for Danny Asher's "Old Town" project at 210 N. Main St. The plan will be forwarded to the Lansing City Council tonight for its consideration.
Asher's plans call for a four- to five-unit retail and office complex. One of the spaces would be filled by his Dasher Rods & Garage, which currently operates out of Leavenworth.
If the preliminary development plan wins approval tonight from the City Council, Asher would be asked to formulate a final development plan for consideration by both the Planning Commission and City Council.
Check back at the Current online to see how the council acts on Asher's plans.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Bonner's 9th annual Marble Day debuts mascot