Too close a call
A two-vehicle accident Tuesday morning on Kansas Highway 7 south of Lansing sent two Leavenworth men to hospitals. A Pontiac Grand Prix driven by 18-year-old Natalie Buchholz of Basehor struck a Ford pickup truck driven by Richard Smith, 57, of Leavenworth, as it was making a left hand turn at Markson Road.
Smith was transported to the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Leavenworth. A passenger in his truck, Jeff McConnell, 45, was transported to St. John's Hospital in Leavenworth. No information was available about the men's possible injuries. Buchholz's car wound up in the ditch on the right side of the road. No one in her car was injured, the Kansas Highway Patrol reported.
More like this story
- Kansas City reaches deal to create 'Smart City' network
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Hutchinson transforms into Smallville again
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Two Basehor men killed in Saturday crash near Eudora