Board moves to fire teacher
A longtime teacher in the Lansing school district is being fired for alleged inappropriate behavior.
Lansing School Board members on Monday night unanimously adopted a resolution to terminate the contract of Middle School math and science teacher Gregory Rawlings.
The board met in executive session for 30 minutes before adopting the resolution in an open meeting.
The resolution cited inappropriate interactions with female students, violation of the district's sexual harassment policy, insubordination and a long-standing and continuing pattern of demeaning students in class.
Rawlings is entitled to a hearing if he files a written notice with the board's clerk within 15 days.
Rawlings, who has taught in the district since 1986, was suspended with pay Oct. 20, the resolution indicated. He could not be reached for comment.
More like this story
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms