Leavenworth Benny Karpierz, 77, Leavenworth, died Sunday, Nov. 21, 2004, at home.
He was born Sept. 27, 1927, in Leavenworth, the son of John Karpierz and Agnes Schlonga Karpierz.
In 1949 he married Norveta Tate. She survives.
Mr. Karpierz owned and operated Benny's at 20th and Dakota streets in Leavenworth for 30 years.
He enjoyed doing handyman projects for family and friends and working in remodeling. He played in the Country Sounds Band.
Survivors include Norveta Karpierz, Lansing; four daughters, Linda Munson, Kansas City, Shelly Lefebvre, Peggy Hyde and Denise Karpierz, all of Leavenworth; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mary Ann Weast and Bernice Gartz.
A memorial service was Saturday at the Davis Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Hospice of Leavenworth, 920 Sixth Ave., Leavenworth, Kan. 66048.
More like this story
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses
- State official to be director of Manhattan airport
- Fort Riley adjusts entry procedures after I-70 traffic jam
- Rural Kansas road to become Home on the Range Highway
- Use of batboys and girls suspended after 9-year-old's death