City to weigh in on street sought by School Board
Extension of Bittersweet subject of special meeting
School district-city cooperation will be in focus next week when the Lansing City Council meets in special session to discuss the extension of South Bittersweet Street to West Mary Street.
Extension of the street has been discussed by the Lansing School Board as a possible component of a school bond issue under consideration. The school board has talked about the need to extend Bittersweet south from the existing middle school to West Mary Street, where the board would like to build a new K-5 elementary school.
An architect last week estimated the cost of the street project around $650,000.
Mike Smith, city administrator, said the City Council would meet at 7 p.m. Dec. 9 at City Hall, 800 First Terrace, to discuss the city's possible interest in the project.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)