Middle School girls closing in on undefeated seasons
The Lansing Middle School seventh- and eighth-grade girls' basketball teams both improved to 10-0 this season with Monday night victories in their semifinal contests of the LMS Tournament and inched closer to posting undefeated seasons.
The seventh-grade girls knocked off Lexington Trails, 39-25. Katelyn Griffen led the way with a game-high 14 points and Rachel Milnark added 11. Allison Dillon scored five points and Abbey Lozenski and Lauren Jaqua added two apiece.
The eighth-grade girls had no trouble with Lexington Trails either as they cruised, 35-19. The Lions used a balanced scoring attack in the victory as Brooke Didde, Katie Cristiano and Natalie Loreti fired in seven points apiece. Brittney Lang added six points, nine rebounds, five assists and six steals. Kenzi Smith and Cassandra Murphy each grabbed four boards.
Both squads return to action at 4 p.m. today with the seventh-graders going to Tonganoxie and the eighth-graders playing host to Tongie. Both squads then will close out their seasons at 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the championship games of the Lansing Tournament.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Bonner Springs boys win home track invitational
- Bobcats finish sixth at Kaw Valley championships
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career