Obit: Obit: Bernette R. Schmitt
Kansas City, Kan.
Memorial services for Bernette R. Schmitt, 90, Kansas City, Kan., were Monday, Oct. 11, at Maple Hill Funeral Home in Kansas City, Kan.
Mrs. Schmitt died Thursday, Oct. 7, 2004, at Manor Care Nursing Center in Kansas City, Mo.
She was born Aug. 21, 1914, in Manteno, Ill., the daughter of Amedia and Emma Letourneau Bourelle. She had lived in the Kansas City area since 1960.
Mrs. Schmitt was a homemaker and a member of St. Joseph/St. Benedict Catholic Church.
She married Edward Schmitt in 1938 and was the mother of 10 children. He died in 1995.
Two grandchildren also died earlier.
Survivors include six daughters, Maureen Burriss, Kansas City, Kan., Patricia McDaniel, Raytown, Mo., Kathleen Daniel, Lawrence, Gwendolyn Schmitt, Portage, Mich., Bernadette Harris, Rye, Colo., and Jane Schmitt, Laguna Niguel, Calif.; four sons, Dennis Schmitt, Lawrence, Leland Schmitt, St. Germain, Wis., Roger Schmitt, Baldwin, and Edward K. Schmitt, Kansas City, Kan.; a sister, Noreen Matula, Park Ridge, Ill.; 25 grandchildren; and 36 great-grandchildren.
More like this story
- KCC workers opt to leave civil service for pay raises
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Kansas lawmakers considering proposals on public employees
- Kansas governor signs bills changing state election laws