Hit-run charges filed
A Basehor man has been charged in Douglas County with two misdemeanors stemming from a hit-and-run accident outside Lawrence in March.
Douglas County police last week served Joseph J. Bell, III, 19, with an arrest warrant for one count of vehicular homicide and one count of leaving the scene of an accident, both of which are misdemeanors.
On March 14, an intoxicated pedestrian was struck and killed outside a fraternity and sorority party near the Teepee Junction on U.S. Highway 24/40, just outside Lawrence. Twenty-year-old Wichita man Devin Scott Emery was the pedestrian killed.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Seniors get ready for 25th spaghetti dinner
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Retired teacher humbled, honored to receive Marion Vaughn award