Parking lot repair at City Hall
The Basehor City Council reached a consensus Monday night to move forward with a project that would repair the parking lot at City Hall.
The repairs will include paving the parking lot with asphalt and the additions of curbs and gutters. As part of the same project, improvements to City Hall will also be made that will make City Hall more accessible to the handicapped as well as add a security system to the building.
The number of stalls at City Hall parking lot was reduced earlier this year when the Fairmount Township Fire Department began grading to expand their facility, located just north of City Hall.
Although the parking lot project will not significantly increase the number of stalls at City Hall, it is expected to provide more stalls than are currently available, city officials said.
There is no exact cost to the project as of yet. Engineers from McAfee Engineers, the city's engineering firm, are making adjustments to the project's design.
The city is expected to revisit the issue with engineers in two weeks.
In other action, the City Council:
- Approved, 5-0, payments to D and B Associate's for condemnation of land for sewer construction.
- Approved, 5-0, payment to Leavenworth County District Court for appraisal services in the matter of D and B Associate's for condemnation of land for sewer construction.
- Approved, 5-0, a $46,815 payment for the force main and upsizing of sewer lines for the Pinehurst development.
- Approved, 5-0, using Safe Harbor for the adoption of stray animals.
- Conducted 15-minute and 50-minute executive sessions.