Basehor-Fairmount blood drive a success
A blood drive earlier this month in Basehor yielded 29 units of blood that will go toward supplying the needs of area patients and hospitals.
Overall, approximately 33 people donated Blood during the Basehor-Fairmount Kansas Community Blood Drive. The Basehor Kiwanis Club sponsored the blood drive and is scheduled to do another, either in March or April of next year.
The Community Blood Center of Greater Kansas City collected the donations. The organization administers five to six blood drives per day in the metropolitan area in hopes of meeting the area's needs. According to statistics from the Blood Center, more than 20,000 people per year receive blood transfusions.
More like this story
- Confusion remains years after creation of 'Unified Government'
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education