Soccer shuts out Harmon
Kansas City, Kan. The Lansing High girls' soccer team picked up its first road victory of the season Thursday evening as it knocked off Harmon, 4-0.
With the victory, LHS improved to 2-0 on the season. Harmon fell to 0-2.
The outcome of the game never was in question as the Lions dominated offensively from the very beginning. Junior Katie McKee, senior Jessica Hauver, senior Kendra Sickinger and sophomore Bianca Manago all scored goals for the Lions. Sickinger and Manago's goals were their second of the season. Freshman Katie Nietzke made her first start in goal and recorded her first career shutout.
The Lions next play at 6 p.m. Tuesday at home against Ottawa. The junior varsity will play at 4:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books