Soccer shuts out Harmon
Kansas City, Kan. The Lansing High girls' soccer team picked up its first road victory of the season Thursday evening as it knocked off Harmon, 4-0.
With the victory, LHS improved to 2-0 on the season. Harmon fell to 0-2.
The outcome of the game never was in question as the Lions dominated offensively from the very beginning. Junior Katie McKee, senior Jessica Hauver, senior Kendra Sickinger and sophomore Bianca Manago all scored goals for the Lions. Sickinger and Manago's goals were their second of the season. Freshman Katie Nietzke made her first start in goal and recorded her first career shutout.
The Lions next play at 6 p.m. Tuesday at home against Ottawa. The junior varsity will play at 4:30 p.m.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer