LHS golf sixth at Bonner Springs meet
Bonner Springs The Lansing High golf team placed sixth at the Bonner Springs Invitational on Thursday at Sunflower Hills Golf Course.
The squad wasn't at full strength because it is using a split-squad format. The other half of the team will compete at Sunflower at 11 a.m. Saturday in the Sunflower Invitational.
Mill Valley won the team title with a 171. Lansing shot a 191. De Soto's Zach Bader was the individual champion with a nine-hole score of 40. Basehor-Linwood's Bobby Carrico also shot a 40.
Senior Kyle Hay led the Lions with a nine-hole score of 46. Junior Andrew Cameron and senior Jeff Hoins each fired a 47. Robert King shot a 51, Zach Robinson shot 53 and Ryan Willcott added a 59.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kobach seeks end to lawsuit against Kansas citizenship rule
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons