Late-night event to raise funds
Lansing High School Leadership Council will stage its "Late Night for Leukemia" overnight Saturday at the Ryan Sports Center at University of Saint Mary.
All Leavenworth County schools have been invited to form teams of 10 and participate in the first-ever event. Check-in will begin at 10:30 p.m. Leadership Council sponsor Sarah Wise said 14 teams from Lansing had signed up and she expected a few more from Leavenworth to participate.
There will be food, dancing and games while members take turns in the relay - at least one member of each team must be walking or running from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Each 10-person team must raise at least $500, which will be forwarded to the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society for its research efforts. Prizes will be awarded for teams who complete the most laps and who raise the most money.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Where comics, movies and TV shows come to life
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City