Skateboarder in accident
A pedestrian collided with a motor vehicle about 4:45 p.m. Saturday at the intersection of Main and West Mary streets.
The pedestrian, a 16-year-old Lansing man, was performing skateboard tricks on the sidewalk, according to a Kansas Highway Patrol report.
When the skateboarder attempted to jump over the grass, he landed on the car driven by a 57-year-old Leavenworth woman, the report said.
Lansing Police Officer Michael Heuer said the pedestrian was "a little banged up" and was taken to St. John Hospital by EMS.
The driver was not injured, but the passenger side of her vehicle's windshield was shattered by the impact, Heuer said.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: 9 events to kick off a busy September
- Appeals court refuses to rehear Kansas abortion threat case
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday