City seeks mowers
The city of Lansing is looking for lawn-mowing contractors.
A meeting is scheduled for 9 a.m. April 25 with contractors interested in mowing properties found in violation of the city's weed ordinance.
The meeting will be in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 800 First Terrace.
Among the city's requirements for the contractors is proof of a minimum of $500,000 in liability insurance.
Mowing contractors with questions prior to the meeting can contact Alicia R. Mein, the city's code enforcement officer, at 727-2400.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts
- Brownback's new commerce secretary has unique past
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty