Robert I. Cochran
Leavenworth Services for Robert I. Cochran, 80, Leavenworth, will be at 1:30 p.m. Friday, April 8, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial will be in Sunset Memory Garden.
Mr. Cochran died Tuesday, April 5, 2005, at Broadway Heights Nursing Home.
He was born Sept. 24, 1924, in Dearing, the son of Kelse W. and Estella F. (DeShields) Cochran.
He married Helen L. Clark on Sept. 2, 1944, in Coffeyville. She died in June 1989.
Mr. Cochran retired from Lansing Correctional Facility, where he was a correctional officer for more than 36 years.
He was a member of First Assembly of God Church, where he was a deacon.
Survivors include two daughters, Carolyn Crosby, Leavenworth, and Connie J. Erlenbaugh, Atchison; a son, Robert D., Leavenworth; two brothers, Kenneth R., Topeka, and Eugene W., Coffeyville; his fiancee, Juanita McKee, Kansas City, Kan.; nine grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, April 7, at the funeral chapel.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Midwest economy: February glance at Kansas, Missouri
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Presidential museum visit causes reflection on recent history