Hail pelts city
Lansing had a bout of bad weather Monday night including a short hailstorm, but local weather spotter John Bennett said the hail was "not significant at all."
Bennett said much of Monday's hail was pea-sized with one report of quarter-sized hail. However, hail less than an inch in diameter is not considered damaging to automobiles, he said.
Accordingly, the auto dealers in town reported no hail damage on their lots.
Lansing Police Chief Steve Wayman said there was one report of high water Monday, in the 100 block of Woodland Road. He said that area was at the bottom of a hill, and the storm sewer couldn't keep up with the heavy rain.
The water was more than a foot deep there, Wayman said, and one car got stuck in the flooded area.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- KCMO gallery plans Ulmer exhibit
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27