Robert I. Cochran
Services for Robert I. Cochran, 80, Leavenworth, were Friday, April 8, at Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapel, Leavenworth. Burial was in Sunset Memory Garden.
Mr. Cochran died Tuesday, April 5, 2005, at Broadway Heights Nursing Home.
He was born Sept. 24, 1924, in Dearing, the son of Kelse W. and Estella F. (DeShields) Cochran.
He married Helen L. Clark on Sept. 2, 1944, in Coffeyville. She died in June 1989.
Mr. Cochran retired from Lansing Correctional Facility, where he was a correctional officer for more than 36 years.
He was a member of First Assembly of God Church, where he was a deacon.
Survivors include two daughters, Carolyn Crosby, Leavenworth, and Connie J. Erlenbaugh, Atchison; a son, Robert D., Leavenworth; two brothers, Kenneth R., Topeka, and Eugene W., Coffeyville; his fiancee, Juanita McKee, Kansas City, Kan.; nine grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the family, sent in care of the funeral chapel, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Ray Cox remembered as truly dedicated to his community
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas City Connection: The art of ‘Rising Up,’ and visiting some old haunts
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol