PTA holds talent show
Lansing students in kindergarten through fifth grade will have an opportunity to showcase their skills at the PTA talent show on Tuesday.
Students who attended a practice session this week are eligible to participate in the show, said Connie Evans, a fourth-grade teacher at Lansing Intermediate School who is in charge of the show.
The show is not a competition, Evans said. Each student will receive a certificate for participating.
"It's to show off talent in Lansing and build self-esteem," Evans said.
She said the show would include "a little bit of everything." In past years, acts have included gymnastics, dance, singers, a variety of musicans, comedians and a magician. Evans said last year's show had 55 acts. The PTA has held the talent show for 11 years, she said.
This year's show will be at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Intermediate School auditorium.
There is no charge for admission.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: More holiday events, tasty eats and food for your ears
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony