Work closes portion of De Soto road
A construction project forced officials to close part of a major north-south Lansing road earlier this week.
De Soto Road was closed just south of its intersection with Eisenhower Road beginning Tuesday afternoon. The closing is for construction work affiliated with the improvements being made on Eisenhower.
John Young, Lansing Public Works director, said the project included widening the intersection of De Soto and Eisenhower roads and installing new curbing on De Soto.
The De Soto Road closure is expected to last 60 days.
Eisenhower Road will remain open to traffic throughout the project and can be accessed at Main Street.
More like this story
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Man injured after his handgun goes off in Kansas theater
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center