LHS forensics places first at tournament
Lansing High School's forensics team took first place at Spring Hill Invitational on Saturday, and several team members qualified for the State Speech Festival on May 7 at Kansas City Kansas Community College.
State qualifiers were:
¢ Senior Tanner Couvelha in informative, oration and extemporaneous speaking.
¢ Senior Brittany Bradley in poetry, prose and serious solo acting.
¢ Senior co-captain Jerrad Willis in prose and extemporaneous speaking.
¢ Senior Elena Stephenson in serious solo acting.
¢ Juniors Neva Kelloff and Brandon Rimmey in duet acting.
¢ Sophomore Elizabeth Grady in humorous solo acting.
Placing at the tournament were senior Rachel Trowbridge, freshman Danielle Glynn and sophomores Michael Brooks, Patrick Dolan and Cara Rude.
The final regular-season tournament will be April 23 at Blue Valley North High School.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Ben Spencer
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday