JV baseball swept by SFT
The Lansing High junior varsity baseball team was swept by Santa Fe Trail, 4-3 and 11-9, on a very windy Monday night in Overbrook, Kan.
The Lions led for most of both games but were doomed by costly errors late in both games. Sophomore Matt McMillin started for the Lions in game one and went 5 1/3 inning with only one earned run. Kyle Hutchison came on in relief and kept things close, but errors spoiled both pitchers' efforts.
Lansing received key hits from junior Jordan Pratt, sophomore Tylor McNeill and freshman John Stratton in game one.
Hutchison started game two on the mound and went 4 2/3 innings, struck out six and allowed only two earned runs. Stratton led the Lions at teh plate in game two with three hits in four at-bats.
The JV Lions next play at 4:30 p.m. Thursday at Perry-Lecompton.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Fort Riley adjusts entry procedures after I-70 traffic jam
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday