Trial delayed in rape case
The trial for the suspect in the December robbery and rape at Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road, has been continued until next month.
The trial was originally scheduled to begin Monday. However, the defendant, a 25-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man, recently hired a lawyer who will need to be brought up to speed on the case, said Deborah Owens, spokeswoman for the Leavenworth County Attorney's office. The suspect's previous attorney was court-appointed, she said.
Owens said that the earliest the trial could resume would be in May.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss
- New enthusiasm for Royals baseball impressive
- Basehor-Linwood's Trowbridge wins national title