Storm-interrupted sports rescheduled
Lansing High and Perry-Lecompton High will pick up this afternoon where they left off in a baseball double-header that was delayed Thursday when a storm blew through Lansing.
The LHS baseball team was leading Perry-Lecompton 3-0 in the bottom of the second inning on LHS Field when the first game of the twinbill was called because of the storm. The teams will resume from that point beginning at 4:30 p.m. today at LHS Field, said Gary Mattingly, LHS activities director.
The LHS softball team was tied 2-2 with Perry heading into the bottom of the third inning when the game was called. The makeup date for that game is 4:30 p.m. May 11, Mattingly said.
And the LHS soccer team will return next Friday, April 29, to Piper to resume their match. The Lions were leading 3-0 at the 9:42 mark of the first half Thursday when the game was called.
More like this story
- Bonner resident continues efforts to establish community choir
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Trends suggest Kansas headed for more budget difficulties
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: 'Christmas Cheer' from a new 'Nutcracker' to Charles Dickens