LHS baseball sweeps Perry
Lions pick up where they left of during Thursday’s storms
Lansing High's baseball doubleheader with Perry-Lecompton was halted Thursday in the bottom of the second inning of game one when tornado warnings and storms rolled into Leavenworth County.
At that point. LHS boasted a 3-0 lead.
The series was completed Friday evening, and the Lions (6-2 overall, 2-2 Kaw Valley League) showed no signs of a let-down. They wrapped up a 7-1 victory in game one and then took game two by a 7-2 score.
Junior Chris Wagner earned the game-one victory on the mound as he allowed just one run in seven innings. At the plate he collected four hits. Senior Conn Blakley earned the shutout victory in game two and received some help from junior Cody Mohan who smashed his first career home run.
The Lions next play at 4 p.m. Monday at Basehor-Linwood.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons