Maxine D. Douglas
Leavenworth Graveside services for Maxine D. Douglas, 83, Leavenworth, will be at 10 a.m. Friday, April 29, at Mount Muncie Cemetery, Lansing.
Mrs. Douglas died Monday, April 25, 2005, at her home.
She was born Feb. 4, 1922, in Boonesboro, Mo., the daughter of Hardie and Ota Belle Quinley Duren.
Mrs. Douglas worked as a personnel manager for JC Penney. She also worked for Collards Chevrolet.
She was a member of First Christian Church of Leavenworth, American Business Women's Association and Eagles Auxiliary. She was renowned as a seamstress.
Survivors include a son, James Reno, Leavenworth; a daughter, Daytha Heintzelman, Leavenworth; a brother, Elton W. Duren, San Antonio; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Her husband, Kenneth Douglas, died earlier.
The family suggests memorials to Good Shepherd Hospice, sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapels, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Fourth of July fireworks, folk art at the Nelson
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: A celebration of beer
- Art festival, patriotic celebration to take over Downtown Bonner June 27
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday