Fishing Derby deadline nears
The Lansing Parks and Recreation Department will play host to the fourth annual Fishing Derby on Saturday, May 14, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Lost 80 Park.
There is a $5 registration fee per child. Cost includes bait, picnic lunch and giveaway. Youth up to age 15 may participate.
All participants should bring a fishing pole and must be accompanied by an adult.
On-site registration on the day of the derby will be $10 per child.
Questions should be directed to the Parks and Recreation office at 727-2960.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: A tour of West 39th Street
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures