Soccer game vs. Piper postponed again
Varsity Lions to play 1 1/2 games against Pirates on Tuesday
Lansing High's soccer game today at Piper has been postponed again.
The Lions were slated to play Piper at 4:30 p.m. today at Piper High School. The game would have completed their contest from a week ago. LHS had a 3-0 lead with 9:42 remaining in the first half when lightning forced the game to be called off.
The game will be made up on Tuesday at LHS. The Lions play Piper at 4:30 p.m. in a regularly scheduled game. At the completion of the game the Lions will have their senior night festivities and then play one more 40-minute half against the Pirates to complete the game.
The 1 1/2-game schedule with Piper on Tuesday is just part of what already will be a busy week for the Lions. They play at 4 p.m. game Monday at Ottawa, a 4:30 p.m. Thursday game at Immaculata and a 6 p.m. Friday game at home against defending state champion Shawnee Heights.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’
- Basehor sophomore continues experience with Youth Symphony
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms