Enrollment begins in Basehor-Linwood
Summer is drawing to a close, which means students will soon be migrating back to school for another year.
Enrollment began Wednesday in the Basehor-Linwood School District and was scheduled to take place the following day at each of the district's schools.
Those who couldn't enroll Wednesday, may still enroll between noon and 4 p.m. and 5 and 8 p.m. Thursday.
School officials advise parents who miss either of those enrollment dates to contact school principals for further enrollment information.
The school district will host a "kick-off meeting" to the new school year next week and are inviting anyone in the public to attend.
The meeting will take place from 8 a.m. 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 9 inside the auditorium at Basehor-Linwood High School. Anyone interested in attending may do so; reservations are not necessary.
All staff members from the school district will attend the meeting. The school district has also invited several community-service organizations to attend.
The meeting will begin with an opening convocation and introduction from superintendent of schools Jill Hackett as well as comments from Basehor-Linwood School Board president Kerry Mueller.
At 9 a.m., Andy Tompkins, a Kansas Department of Education commissioner from 1996 to 2005, will address the audience.
New teachers to Basehor-Linwood report for their first day Aug. 8 and the remaining staff reports back on Aug. 9.
For Kindergarten through ninth-grade students, school begins Aug. 15. Sophomores, juniors and seniors are to report
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Dance festival, Big Picnic, Van Halen make braving summer heat worth it
- Edwardsville Parks and Rec's Gold Glove Week to raise funds for Children's Mercy
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station