Church to sponsor benefit auction
A variety of items from sports memorabilia to vintage instruments will be up for grabs at the upcoming Lansing United Methodist Church benefit auction.
The event will be held from 2:30 p.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 21, at Lansing Community Center, 800 First Terrace.
Two auctions will be held. The silent auction will begin at 3 p.m., and the live auction will begin at 4 p.m.
An auction preview will take place from 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Light refreshments will be served during the event.
Items up for auction include a basketball signed by University of Kansas All-American Wayne Simien, a week's stay at a two-bedroom condo in Branson, Mo., an antique violin and other vintage items, and themed gift baskets including a sewing basket that includes sewing lessons and a Harry Potter basket.
Tickets for the auction are $3 per person or $5 per family. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the church's building fund.
Auction items can be viewed at http://auctions.lansingumc.org.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament