Finance is theme of kids’ camp
Kansas State Treasurer Lynn Jenkins is inviting Kansas seventh- and eighth- graders to learn about leadership and gain money management skills at the second annual MoneySmart Financial Management Camp.
The camp is Sept. 23-25 at Rock Springs 4-H camp near Junction City.
Campers will spend the weekend learning money management and teamwork skills, riding horses, canoeing and other activities. The cost is $50 per student, which includes food, shelter and materials.
For more information or to register , visit www.kansas-statetreasurer.com and click on the MoneySmart link or call Mary Lou McPhail at (785) 296-0645.
More like this story
- Basehor accordionist shares 'alien' instrument with grade schoolers
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- BLHS duo to take stage at WyCo Fair
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Scientists fly Kansas sky to study ferocious storms