Prison program seeks art teachers
An arts program for inmates at Lansing Correctional Facility is looking for volunteer instructors.
"We need visual artists, especially - drawing, oil painting, watercolors," said Mary Cohen, special projects coordinator for the Kansas City, Kan.-based Arts In Prison Inc. Classes are taught in the evening on weekdays.
Volunteers are subject to background checks and are required to attend training on Nov. 5.
"But we need to hear from people by early September so we can order supplies and do some planning," Cohen said.
For more information, call (913) 403-0229 or see the nonprofit program's Web site: www.artsinprison.org.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Basehor couple goes off beaten path in world travels
- Topeka bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $100K
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction