Prison program seeks art teachers
An arts program for inmates at Lansing Correctional Facility is looking for volunteer instructors.
"We need visual artists, especially - drawing, oil painting, watercolors," said Mary Cohen, special projects coordinator for the Kansas City, Kan.-based Arts In Prison Inc. Classes are taught in the evening on weekdays.
Volunteers are subject to background checks and are required to attend training on Nov. 5.
"But we need to hear from people by early September so we can order supplies and do some planning," Cohen said.
For more information, call (913) 403-0229 or see the nonprofit program's Web site: www.artsinprison.org.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Basehor-Linwood students cover state tourney run with help from community
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle