Training exercise set for Wednesday
A training exercise Wednesday, Aug. 17, may create delays for those entering or leaving Fort Leavenworth.
Visitors are asked to cooperate with law enforcement officials to help ensure the exercise is safe and successful.
Exercises are held periodically on Fort Leavenworth to sustain the fort's ability to respond to several types of emergency contingencies, said Janey Wray, a public affairs officer at Fort Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Manhattan staging New Year's Eve ball drop
- Kansas City Connection: New Year’s options and a last-minute gift guide
- Kansas City Connection: Group golf and a great escape
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament