Archive for Thursday, August 18, 2005

Deck, siding burned at barbecue

August 18, 2005

A Sunday-evening barbecue got out of hand and wound up causing an estimated $5,000 in fire damage to a Lansing home.

Leavenworth County Fire District No. 1 crews responded at 6:17 p.m. Sunday to a fire report in the 600 block of Hillside Court.

Chief Rick Huhn said a fire in a grill had progressed tot he propane tank. The tank vented, as it is designed to do, and shot a stream of fire about 20 feet.

The fire, Huhn said, was quickly extinguished but not before it had damaged a nearby deck and siding on the house and destroyed the grill.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.