Luncheon to raise cancer awareness
The fifth annual Share the Hope luncheon will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 27, at Trinity Lutheran Church, 2101 10th Avenue, Leavenworth.
Share the Hope was organized by three Lansing Intermediate School teachers to raise awareness and distribute information about breast cancer, organizer Debbie Ryan said. Four women who have had experiences with breast cancer will speak at the event.
Lunch will be donated by Mr. Goodcents Subs & Pastas. Reservations are $12 per person, and a T-shirt from the event costs $11. All proceeds will be donated to the local office of the American Cancer Society.
To reserve a seat at the luncheon, call Ryan at 727-2428.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)