Police recover stolen vehicle
A Lansing Police officer is being credited with helping recover a vehicle reported stolen and capturing the suspected thief.
According to Capt. Ben Ontiveros, about 4:20 a.m. Sunday, Officer F. Grenier noticed a Chevy Blazer that matched the description of one reported stolen earlier in Bonner Springs.
Grenier stopped the car in the 1100 block of North Fourth Street. The driver, a 20-year-old Leavenworth man, told Grenier his identification was in his pocket, where Grenier also discovered what is believed to be cocaine.
The driver was arrested for possession of narcotic and possession of stolen property and taken to Leavenworth County Jail.
"The officer took the time to notice something out of the ordinary, took the extra step to check on it, and lo and behold, the vehicle had been reported stolen," Ontiveros said.
More like this story
- Class of 2015: BLHS senior says organization is the key
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Libraries to celebrate heroes this summer
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons