Rape trial delayed until October
First April, then August, now October.
Trial for the suspect in a December 2004 robbery and rape at Wood Oil, 109 4-H Road, has been rescheduled to begin Oct. 3 in Leavenworth County District Court.
The trial originally was scheduled to begin April 18 but was continued because the suspect replaced his court-appointed lawyer. An Aug. 1 trial date was rescheduled because the suspect's attorney was attending a funeral, said Deborah Owens, a spokeswoman in the Leavenworth County Attorney's Office.
The suspect, a 26-year-old Kansas City, Kan., man, continues to be held in Leavenworth County Jail.
More like this story
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Verruckt is 'terrifying, but great,' says KCK mayor
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- BLHS baseball team hungry after regional loss