Lt. Col. and Mrs. Marvin K. Decker, Lansing, announce the engagement of their daughter, Sarah Elaine Decker of Lansing, to Capt. Joel Mikel Helgerson of Elkader, Iowa.
The bride-to-be graduated from Lansing High School in 2000 and is currently attending Kansas State University as a full-time student.
The future groom is the son of Gary Helgerson and Jeanne Helgerson, both of Elkader, Iowa.
He is a 1995 graduate of Central Community High School in Elkader and a 2000 graduate of the University of Northern Iowa. He is currently serving in the U.S. Army at Fort Riley.
The couple plan a Sept. 10, 2005, wedding at Memorial Chapel at Fort Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Emporia State names Vietti as interim president
- Kansas commerce secretary resigning to take job as CEO
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station