Library schedules book fair
Lansing Community Library will hold a Scholastic Book Fair starting Saturday.
The book fair will feature primarily children's books and computer software, librarian Darlene Dean said. The books will be for preschool through high school levels, and there will also be some books for adults, Dean said.
At 6 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 31, the library will hold a special Family Night featuring Clifford the Big Red Dog, who will sign books. There will also be drawings for free books at Family Night and throughout the book fair.
The library receives a percentage of the sales from its book fair, which is used to buy books.
The book fair will be during library hours, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, from Saturday, Aug. 27, through Saturday, Sept. 3, at Lansing Activity Center, 108 S. Second St.
More like this story
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas joins partnership to market region to film industry
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas student's budget documentary stirs controversy