LHS athletes earn All-Metro honors
Three Lansing High track athletes were named All-Metro performers by The Kansas City Star.
Tiffany Turner, a 2005 graduate, was named honorable mention in the shot put after placing third at the Class 5A state meet. Amanda Radovich earned honorable mention status in the javelin after qualifying for state during her junior campaign.
Takeisha Jenkins, a freshman last spring, was named honorable mention in the 300-meter hurdles after placing second at state in that event behind Bishop Miege's Melesa Johnson. Jenkins also earned a fourth-place medal at state in the 100-meter hurdles although she didn't garner All-Metro honors in that event.
More like this story
- Bonner's Zumba classes create fitness 'family'
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program