Holiday art show opens at Carnegie
The Leavenworth County Artists Association's annual Holiday Juried Art Show will be Dec. 9-Jan. 2 at the Carnegie Arts Center.
The show has been expanded and includes several new artists in attendance, according to a news release from the center, 601 S. Fifth St., Leavenworth.
A gala opening and awards ceremony will be from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9.
Entertainment for the gala begins at 5 p.m. with John Hopkins, a professional pianist who plays solely with his left hand. Hopkins suffered a stroke in 1999 in the middle of a promising career but battled back to play the piano again. He is also the founder of "Age and Play," an organization dedicated to teaching physically challenged and senior citizens to play the piano.
At 6:30 p.m., Tom Clark, a pharmacist by day and pianist at night, will perform.
More like this story
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Artist hopes Bonner's 'Marble Crazy' event broadens horizons