New Year’s Eve benefit slated
The Kansas City Friends for Make-A-Wish will be hosting a New Year's Eve gala at 7 p.m. Dec. 31 at the Downtown Marriott, 200 W. 12th St., Kansas City, Mo.
Proceeds from the event will be used to grant wishes to children ages 2 to 18 from the Kansas City area who have been diagnosed with life-threatening illnesses.
"We are looking forward to granting more wishes and building awareness at this year's first New Year's Eve dinner, dancing and silent auction," said Angela Evangelidis, who chairs the KC Friends of Make-A-Wish group.
Tickets to the black tie-optional event are $150 per person. Tickets are available at wishkc.org or by calling (800) 566-9474 in Kansas.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- End of an era: BLHS teacher says goodbye after 35 years
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map