Arts center sets silent auction
A limited-edition block print by Leavenworth artist Susan C. Meyer will be auctioned in a fundraiser for the Carnegie Arts Center.
The center, 601 S. Fifth St., Leavenworth, is conducting a silent auction for "The Backbone 05."
"The Backbone 05" is the first of 18 prints that Meyer produced on Japanese awagami shoshsku paper with hand-mixed acrylic block printing inks. The print represents a full-size clarinet known as the backbone. The print was placed behind conservation glass with a black linen matte and a frame that complements the piece.
The piece will remain on display at the center and open for bids until Jan. 16. Visiting hours at the center are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays. Retail value of the print with archival framing is $385, according a news release from the center.
The winning bid will be announced Jan. 29 at the annual meeting of the center's board of directors.
Archival matting and framing was donated by Sally's Choices, 412 Delaware, Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Dole Institute to exhibit Bob Dole's WWII-era letters
- Basehor resident organizes ride for veterans' charities
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Birthday brings awareness of technological, societal progress