Legion Auxiliary president to visit
Carol Van Kirk, national president of the American Legion Auxiliary, will make a stop this week in Leavenworth as part of a visit to several auxiliary units in Kansas.
She will begin her Kansas tour at 7 p.m. Friday at the post home of Byron H. Mehl Unit 23, 418 Cherokee St., Leavenworth, where there will be a light supper and reception.
Van Kirk is expected to share her plan for her term as national president.
She was elected national president in August at the American Legion Auxiliary's National Convention in Honolulu.
More like this story
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament