Rick L. Coffey
Mass of Christian Burial for Rick L. Coffey, 44, McLouth, was Monday, Dec. 12, at St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church, rural Leavenworth. Burial was in Mount Olivet Cemetery behind the church.
Mr. Coffey died Thursday, Dec. 8, 2005, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, after a 16-month battle with cancer.
He was born June 22, 1961, in Kansas City, Kan., the son of James D. and Mary L. (Musil) Coffey.
Mr. Coffey was raised in McLouth, where he graduated from high school in 1979. He worked at the Kmart Distribution Center in Lawrence.
He was a member of St. Joseph of the Valley Catholic Church, Perry Country Club and the Thursday Night Golf League.
Survivors include his parents, McLouth; three sisters, Lori D. Coffey, Oskaloosa, Patricia A. Christman, Lecompton, and Cathy S. Kern, Winchester; three brothers, Glenn E., James D. III, and John D., all of McLouth.
The family suggests memorials to the Jimmy V. Foundation, sent in care of Belden-Sexton-Sumpter Funeral Chapels, 500 Oak St., Leavenworth 66048.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: Don't be a stranger to this pie social
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Kansas City Connection: Farm-fresh flavor; Floyd’s ‘Dark Side’